Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And Finally!

Hi y’all, yes I know it’s been a while since my last update. That slow, relaxed country life, out here in the sticks, has been very busy.

Over the last few weeks, I have had my graduation, my 47th birthday, my 27th Wedding Anniversary, a week’s vacation, the open-house for the parsonage; and finally, my Induction Service.

And in the mean-time, we have been having the Marriage Enrichment Course every week, planning for a Married Couples Retreat, I have began my visitations, having regular Sunday services; as well as planning something very special for the Sunday night service in August.

So for a quiet, little country church, it sure is busy doing the Lord’s work.

My birthday was quite a day with no less than 4 cakes; one which included pickle-toppings from my great niece, Mahalya.

Then Peggy and I went on a short vacation. We attended a Pastor’s and spouse’s retreat in Yarmouth for 3 days and 2 nights (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). Left there, “sailed’ across on The Cat to Bar Habour, Maine, drove up through Maine into New Brunswick and then back home to Nova Scotia.

The Father’s Day service was very moving and meaningful. I just lost it when I asked all the father’s to stand and then all those who loved these men to stand – and everyone in the sanctuary stood. It was an amazing sight, a special moment and made me think of my day who has passed-on.

The Induction Service in the afternoon was truly, truly amazing. The community was well represented and people from various churches attended the coming together of a pastor and a church; all lead by God’s wonderful grace and love.

Christy did an absolutely perfect job leading the service. I think she looked very comfortable behind the pulpit and I am very thankful to her for everything that she, Corey, Lauren, Levon and Elizebeth has done for Peggy and I since coming here.

April did a great job explaining how everything came to pass, and how hard the search committee worked to find such a great pastor; so loving, understanding and humble ☺ Thank you April, Craig and Mya for your support and love as well. You made the transition so easy for us. Thanks.

Corey also did a great job in relaying the thoughts of the deacons. He too looked quite comfortable at the pulpit. I also that the deacons for their undying support and guidance to me. I feel this deacon’s board in one of a kind. Thanks so much, Teddy, Larry, Corey and Arthur.

Speaking of Arthur; I think Arthur should record and release the song he sang on Sunday. What a message he brought through that song. Arthur, I consider you a friend, a colleague, someone I can aspire to, and yesterday, you were my father, as you ministered to me through that song. Thank you so much for allowing me to be your friend and your brother in Christ.

The quartet sounded sooo good. To Larry, Arthur, Teddy and Linda, I know I only gave you a few days notice, but I really do appreciate your willingness to this that for me. The song was very encouraging, and everyone listen so intently. The service would not have been complete without all four of you. Thank you so very much.

I am so proud of the job the choir did on “In Christ Alone!” I consider myself so very blessed to have such a choir to minister with me. Any song that I have brought to them, they have been cooperative to learned it, and sang it with such confidence and heart.

Yesterday I waited for the part where they went down low (on that one line), and then bursting forth in glorious Day.

That’s what yesterday was all about. It was not about me (or any minister), it was about God blessing this church, as the New Tusket Baptist Church “bursting forth in glorious Day.” That Day was yesterday, and that Day was God’s Holy Spirit at work among us.

All of you, the congregation of the New Tusket Baptist Church, the Lord is at work here at this church and within the hearts of many, because here, in the power of Christ - we stand.

Blessing upon each and every one of you, and remember, God loves you so very much.

Pastor Brother Brian

4 comments:

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Oh, and his family were all there too...

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

Well that was worth the wait. It sounds like you and your 'little' church are doing wonderful. I really miss it.
Did you get sea sick on the CAT? Maine is one place I mean to visit. It is named after me you know.
Gongrats on all your wonderful milestones.

Anonymous said...

WOW!You have been busy!Welcome back to the blog.Congrats on everything and hopefully things will slow down into normalness soon.Love and Prayers for you and your family

April Mullen said...

YAY... OH YAY yay YAY yay YAY!!! You posted... you REALLY DID!!!!

WOO HOOOO!!!!!!

P.S. You're welcome :)