Monday, June 25, 2007

Tired

Hi all,
Well yesterday's service was nice, even though I wasn't completely satisfied with it. The sermon was entitled "Holiday Adventures." I talked about the vacation Peggy and I recently went on. I tried ti highlight all the misfortunes and all the things that went wrong, then I wanted to tell of how we did not get discouraged, even though the vacation was terrible, we still enjoyed it and had a great time, having a bad time. The scripture I used was suggested by Daine Prime; 1 Thessalonians 5:19; "Don't Quench the Spirit."

I think I might have, no I know I had too much of a person story and not enough of God and Jesus. The music was wonderful. The congregation sounded good, the choir was good and thank you Tanya for singing during ther offering - you were good also - always.

The Thankfulness Time had a variety of thankful people and things to be thankful for. I did feel the presense of ther Lord (yesterday), but was didappointed with my message.

Well on Saturday, Corey, Christy and myself took nine youth to the Valley for games and a youth event at Centreville Baptist. We left around 12 noon and drove to Greenwood and played Lazer Tag, pool and other games at Roo's Playhouse in the mall. Left there and drove Centreville, got some ice creal cones and then to the concert. They said it was Contempary Christain music; I would say it was Christian ROCK. Loud, very loud for me. The youth seemed to have a great time, lots of laughs and guy talk in the Corey van, while Christy took the girls and seemed to be much more behaved themselves. The guys on the other hand were not. I, as Pastor, tried to keep them all on the straight and narrow, but Corey was not helpful. You know how easilt he is lead astray.

Well after the concert we drove home arriving after 12:00 midnight. Corey and I have some other things planned with the youth this summer. We will all have a good time.

Got to go now, remember God loves you all very much.

Blessings upon you all;
Pastor Brother Brian

2 comments:

Fred Bigelow said...

Hi Brian

You sound exhausted. However, you may feel bad about your sermon, but that is a good thing. For one it keeps us humble and secondly realizing that we could have done better.

I wasn't there so I can't judge, but from experience when I thought I did terrible job delivering my message, someone got something helpful from it. Don't be too hard on yourself. I am sure that it was a great inspiration to many eople. God can take what we think is a poor sermon and make it good. He can repair our flaws. Keep up the good work Brian!

Anonymous said...

Although the sermon is the main part...don`t ever underestimate the power of a friendly hello and hug afterwards....Thank-you for last Sunday!I had missed being there!!!God speaks through you in many different ways!YOU are blessed,as am I for knowing you.