Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Blaze, Spirit, Blaze

Well Spirit and I went to the Valley yesterday. I had to get my glasses replaced (long story), and I had to check on my daughter who is sick and lost one of her cats (Scrat). Well I called 6 times in an hours, went to her new apartment (very cozy) and then to find out she was working - so I missed her. Then I went to my brother Rockey's to try and get him out of his rutt - finally got him talked into a bike drive.

So, at mid afternoon we drove to Coldbrook, stopped in to see our friend George (CarQuest Auto Parts), and to show him our bikes. Left there and drove to Kingston and stopped off at the Honda Motorcycle place and after looking and sitting on a few bikes, we left. I am very glad I bought the bike I did and not one of those. Then drove towards Annapolis Royal to the leather shop - Rockey needs a new coat. Stopped at Tim's in Bridgetown and ventured on. Finally met up with our friend Dave and his wife (on their bile - Kawasaki 1300) coming the other way. Turned around and drove with them back to Pearl's Takeout and had some fish -n-chips; and then I left for home. The head wind was very strong and I had to fight it all the way.

Funny, my bike is a 250 cc and I usually drive the speed limit (or a little over - but safely), but Rockey and Dave with thier 900 cc and 1300cc drive soooo slow. I was leading on the way to Pearl's, and I had to slow down so they could catch up.

A verse for you to think about today: Colossians 3:16; "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, in all wisdom."
Question; What's the difference between the "word of Christ" and the "Word of God?"

Blessings upon you all and remember (as April says, welll I said it first, but she stole it) God loves you so much.
Pastor Brother Brian

4 comments:

April Mullen said...

I did not know that I was stealing your line. Would you like it back?

Tanya Reid said...

Sorry we missed each other dad. I would have loved to see you... but at least I get to see you and mom tomorrow! I'm thrilled!
I'm so happy for you and your bike. I brad you up to everyone! Cant wait until you can take me for a drive!
Love you guys so much.
-T

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

I have definately decided to upgrade to a motorbike. Dogs can't catch motorbikes can they??

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

How did I miss this?

I will take a stab at your question...

The Word of God = Scripture
The word of Christ = the words Christ spoke while here on earth

That is my guess Pastor. How did I do?