Sunday, May 6, 2007

Exhausted

Well here I sit, totally exhaused but the events of the day. Today was Communion Sunday and the message was 'The Art of Being a Sinner." The point was to connect our sins, with God's love and Christ's death. I thibnk I accomplished that, and people walked away knowing that yesterday's sins don't matter to God today, as we have salvation through Christ and a hope for tomorrow. Salvation, forgivens of past sins and life ternal takes only a few simple words of the heart; "Please God forgive me. Please Jesus, come into my heart. Please Christ, be the Lord of my life."

My sister Linda Lou and her husband Duck came to the service this morning, stayed for lunch (she made homemade pizza) and then went to the evening service of music. The evening service was highlighted by the musical talents of the New Tusket Baptist Church Quarette and the Haveloch Trio. Both groups sang the praises of Christ. We sang 4 congregational hymns; and the finale, was a jam session with both groups. Oh, yeh, I gave a short message on Committment to Christ. All-in-all, a very exciting night of music and praise.

Some days I have doubts, as Satan finds that crack to get inside your head. But then there are days like today, when I feel that God has sent me to New Tusket, He has given me a job to do and the ability to do it and He has affirmed today. Praise God from whom all blessing flow.

Please read the messages from today, on the "From the pulpit" link.

Blessings all you children of God.

5 comments:

April Mullen said...

Yup! Good sermon!

Thanks for the visit at your house; thanks for the banana loaf for MYA; thanks for not minding that there are now all kinds of crumbs on, and ground into, your rug.

:) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Great message yesterday! I hope that when I have to make some tough decisions I will think about "the dream" to help me make the right one! Have a nice day!

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

HI Brian,

April says you are a little jealous. You aren't jealous are you? I AM coming to see YOU this weekend amd go to your festivities.


Love Me

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

Yesterday's sins can hold incredible power. Forgiveness should come through affirmation that God has forgiven you. Affirmation should be attainable through prayer.
Today.. I am praying.

Anonymous said...

The Lord is my strength,my SONG,and my salvation
He is my God,and I will praise him
He ismy father`s God-I will exalt him
Ex.15:2
The music was truly a Gift from God