Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Accepted :)

Hi Y'all,
First, I want to let you all know that I have been accepted as a Candidate for Ordination, by the Board of Ministerial Standards and Education; of the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches. I received the offical letter yesterday in the mail. Now, the real work begins, as I have to complete a year of intership; and work with a Supervisor / Mentor on certain things the Board feels are important. Also, the church I serve are involved in the Ordination process.

In this next year, I will prepare my Statement of Faith; which is what I believe in and what I feel being a pastor and a Christian is all about. Then, after that year, I will appear in front of the Examining Council and "defend" my Statement of Faith. Seems so complicated and detailed, doesn't it? Years ago, it was God who called you and approved of you; not "man."

Second, and most important, I thank God for His continued support, guidance and love.

The weather is getting better, and I look forward to spring and wandering in the wilderness; where I feel most closest to God.

This Saturday night (March 15, 5:00 pm) is our Annual Rappie Pie and Baked Bean supper. adults $7.00, kids 5-12, $3.00, and under 5, free. So come and enjoy some good food and fellowship.

And then next Saturday night (March 24) is our "Deal or No Deal - New Tusket" at the church hall at 7 pm. Come and watch our contestants play for 'big money' and prizes. It's gonna be soooo much fun. Come one, come all.

Everyone is invited to our weekly Bible Study and Prayer Meeting; Friday nights at 7:30 pm - at the church hall. It's (also) fun, informative and though-provoking. It's an enjoyable time, come on out.

Well, off to the valley Wednesday morning for classes. I just started my next big paper (5000 words) on the Second Coming of Christ, the parousia, Christ's resurrection and the Final Judgement. Just some light reading. Please pray for me as i try to separate these issues and write about how they connect.

Also, this Firday I will preach at Chapel, at Acadia Divinity College; in front of all those professors and students. No pressure at all - but I asked to preach, so now I must take what comes - good or bad comments.

Well, takecare and remember; God loves you very much.

Blessing upon you,
Pastor Brother Brian

PS: Thanks Tanya

5 comments:

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

What time are you preaching at the Chapel? We have to bring our nephew back to Canning on Friday, perhaps we can co-ordinate it around the time you are preaching, that is if "regular folk" are allowed to attend.

Congratulations on being accepted to Candidate. That is a big deal! Best of luck in preparing your Statement.

Al is back to Sea Monday. He'll be gone for about 10 days this time. Then home for a while.

Hope to maybe see you on Friday.

Love your Baby Sister

PS Did you get the pictures of the kids?

Anonymous said...

:-D
Welcome daddio.
I'll see you tomorrow.
Also... I'm a pididdle... I need to get that fixed. Thanks!
Love you. Tell mom I love her too.

Dolores said...

Congratulations Pastor Brian!! Your next year will go quickly and you will be ordained( sorry about the spelling!)before you know it! I would say best of luck to you, however I do not believe in luck God has a plan for you as he does for us all.

Dolores

Dolores said...

Congratulations Pastor Brian!! Your next year will go quickly and you will be ordained( sorry about the spelling!)before you know it! I would say best of luck to you, however I do not believe in luck God has a plan for you as he does for us all.

Dolores

April Mullen said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news! I'm sure that to say you are pleased is an understatement...! Did you do any cartwheels?

I will pray that the weeks leading up to graduation pass quickly and that the papers come so easily that they practically write themselves.

Cheers!