Saturday, March 3, 2007

Living On The Edge

Well, my blog account is lost out there somewhere in cyberspace, so I had to create a new one (with the help of my Baby Sister!)... Just to keep the continuity, I have cut and pasted yesterday's post from the old account here so that everything has the appearance of being the same...


Friday, March 2, 2007

Living On The Edge Hi Folks,Pastor Brian here publishing my first Blog. I hope to comment on things pertain to my life and work in Christ. Some will be boring, some will be humorous, some will be inspiring and some will be down right stupid. But, all will be real and from the heart of a changed man who really loves God, in spite of my many shortcomings.My life verses are three that I think should be looked at together and read as on; for they tell of God's love for us and His intention in our lives. They are John 3:16 & 17, and John 10:10:16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. 10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My (Jesus') purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life."God did not send His Son into this world to condemn it because we are all sinners, but because we are all sinners, He sent His Son to save us; for Satan's (the thief's) purpose is to steal that life of salvation from us that God through Christ gives to us as a free and wonderful gift.That's that Gospel, that's the Good News of Christ. And it's not merely a promise but a certainity.Well let me tell you about me. I am finishing up my third and finall year at Acadia Divnity College with my Bachlor of Theology degree. I am serving a small rural, lively church in New Tusket (near Weymouth). The congragation is a loving and accepting group of people and my wife, Peggy, and I really love living in the committee. This country living is a big change from living in the fast pace of New Minas, but we will get used to it and learn to love the slower pace of live.As I continue (and learn how to do), I will post some pictures of my wife and I, the New Tusket Baptist Church and other pics. Drop back soon and Blessings Upon You.Pastor Brian <><

1 comment:

Living On The Edge said...

I even cut and pasted yesterday's comment...


Dear Pastor Brother Brian,

I am glad that you decided to make a blog. It will be nice to check on things now and then. I have linked yours to mine so I can check it everyday.

It sounds like you really enjoy New Tusket, and we will be down soon, with or without My Sailor, as I won't be seeing much of him in the next little while with all these sails coming up.

Kudos for posting the Gospel on the first page. Now we need to pray that it is "heard" and not skipped over. You never know who or how you are going to reach someone for Christ.

Well, I think I might hit that sale at the Christian bookstore today. I really want to go in.

Have fun playing around with this. To add pictures or anything like that hit the "customize" link at the top and get to the "add elements" page, and you can add all sorts of things.

Talk to you soon.

Love your Baby Sister

March 2, 2007 6:55 AM