Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Busy

Well, this week I've been busy being down. Funny how Satan knows just when your at your Mountian Top Experience, and tries so hard to bring you crashing down. He has done that to me this week.

I looked out at the congregation on Sunday and saw joy on the faces of all; and I was so moved and happy and excited about the possibilities that God has granted to this Church. But just as I reached that Mountain Top, Satan brought me to below sea-level in an instant. So for a few days I felt sorry for myself, had some self-doubts, and other self-defeating thoughts.

Last night Rev. Jack cater called me out of the blue. He had heard about my new bike and we kept missing each other on the phone, but last night God made it so we could connect. We chatted for over an hour and I felt so different after that phone call. God knew I needed a little help getting back on track, and he sent Jack Carter - via the phone.

God uses anybody and anything to spread the Gospel and to "connect" with His children. This blog had been such a blessing to me. I write something and someone adds to it and before you know it - someone is blessed by someone else's words. Keep up all those great comments you 'guys,' and I will keep doing my part.

Blessings upon you all.
Pastor Brian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian,great to hear God got you out of the dumps.Satan is tricky and enjoys fooling us into having self doubts,but thanks to God we have a choice to either feel sorry for ourselves or lift our heads and look to the Lord to lead us to victory,just as He did for Paul and Silas.Keep Praying
April Main (Prayer Warrior)

Tanya Reid said...

*hugs* I love you dad.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Must be something in the air. Seems everyone is down!

I am glad that God has blessed us with friends who lift us up. April does that for me. I firmly believe that it was all part of God's plan for us to meet at your church.

Keep your chin up! You are doing good work down there in Not-Digby.

Love your Baby Sister

April Mullen said...

I agree with your sister. You are doing great work... and you have LOTS to be thankful for.

Now, I know that when things are goin' along quite nicely that Satan likes to park himself right on your doorstep... and under the windows... and in the basement... and at the end of the driveway...

BUT: GOD tends to park himself closer: right in your heart... so I think, ultimately, HE is gonna win the battle for you.

TRUST, Jeremiah, TRUST. You'll get that bronze wall.

(me too?)
Love, April

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

It is something in the air here. Snow, and lots of it. Well no more yard work for a bit.
I am glad to hear the blue mood lifted. Thank you for sharing Pastor Bryan. It reminds me that we all have down times, even Pastors.