Saturday, April 14, 2007

Encouragement From Far Away

Sometimes it takes someone else to make something perfectly clear to us. This a cooment I received from Christina Main, who spent some time at New Tusket Baptist Church; and will be forever in our thoughts, in our hearts and on our minds.

(Looking for Angels in Alberta)
Quote: "I have been back in Edmonton 4 days and was wondering if God lived in Nova Scotia. Coming back to a life that you lived without God is harder than I thought. The friends and the partner you have built your life with for the past 7 years don't understand what is wrong with you. Your choice in music,movies,language you use, whether to go to Starbucks instead of the pub makes them question the 'brainwashing' you recieved in the east. It is lonely.

Then you realize that you have not opened your bible, you have not written in your prayer book, you have not had Christian fellowship, you have not been vocal about the change Jesus put in your heart.

As I cried myself to sleep again last night I ask God where he was? Why didn't he come with me?

I woke up this morning and went online and just happened to check this blog. With many tears I read about Tanya, her struggles, and as my heart opened and I read your words back to her, my tears did not stop. But they changed to tears of joy and fellowship. Although we are many kilometres awayfrom each other, God is with us all. I know my road will not be easy, but it gives me comfort to know that we are in this togather. God answers in the most special and subtle ways.

I am going to the 'big' church tommorow. It is a Babtist church they built just down the road. www.meadowlandsbabtist.com/. It is good site. I am a little nervous but my daughter and her friend are coming with me. Praise God.

Well I miss you all and no church will ever mean more to me then New Tusket. Tanya you are in my heart and prayers as we surge forward into our new lifes. Thank you Pastor Bryan for your wonderful words. Christina Main" End Quote

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

Wow!

Message to Christina: (The chorus from a song by CASTING CROWNS called "Praise You in This Storm")

I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

God is not far; look inward. We are not far; only a phone call, an e-mail, a blogspot comment... and a prayer... away.

Love and Hugs.

Tanya Reid said...

Annnd, now I'm crying. Christina, darlin', I dont know what it is about you and your sister, but you two as a pair, I was INSTANTLY drawn you two.
I can't wait for you to come back so we can talk more (and I'm sorry I missed your party).
Dad, thanks for posting this. I needed it. With all the CRAP I've been going through this week, this post was very nice to read, even though it made me cry.
God is amazing. He really is.