Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Saved from Agony by Agony

Tonight at Ashmore was amazing. The message was good and the music was awesome. Thank you Christy Mullen for your gift of music and that heart wrenching song “Via Dolorosa” (“The Way of Suffering”). Then my daughter, Tanya and my sister, Donna Jean also sang; “You Were There.”

An excerpt from my sermon tonight; "Jesus went into the Garden of Gethsemane in an agony, He went in confused and bewildered, He went uncertain and afraid; But, He came out, strengthened and supported, He came out, at ease, with what must be done, He came out, with the victory won and with peace in His soul – for He had talked with God and God reaffirmed Him."

Please check out the rest of the pre-Easter services at Ashmore with Pastor Fred.

Oh my the way, if you haven't figured it out, I bought a new motorcycle and it arrived today - so calll me Pastor Vroom, Vroom. God is good and gave me a new toy. Thank you.

Blessings upon you all, with His love.
Pastor Vroom, Vroom.

2 comments:

April Mullen said...

Dear Pastor,

I will keep this sweet; my fragile heart cannot handle another rejection.

I am happy for you that you got a new toy. I am not much of a biker chick and, to be honest, my lack of enthusiasm is very much owing to my cautious nature more than anything else; I am afraid of you injuring yourself and us losing a great pastor. I do, however, approve of the colour choice... very snazzy! Oh... and I like your helmet too (way to colour coordinate!)

Yours Truly,
Suffers From Fear of Rejection (St.Bernard)

P.S. Have I sucked up enough to get back into your good graces?

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Dearest Pastor Brother Brian,

First let me say this...

Your service last night was awesome (There are other reasons for me to come ALL the way from Shearwater than to see April - which was so AWESOME!) Your message brought tears to my eyes. I am very surprised that I got through our song without crying. I guess I got it out of my system on the way down with Tanya as I learned the song! I was just thinking that I am singing with my niece. You will be hearing your sister and your daughter singing together...and Mom and Dad won't... So there, that's enough of that....*tears again!* You aren't the only "sissy" in the family...I think we all are...

Next, I am really glad that the cat is finally out of the bag and I will not be "rejected" anymore! And April and I decided to stop picking on you...for a while...At least til after graduation. I can't believe you are almost done! Did you scare me up a convocation ticket yet?

Ok, what was next? Oh yes... About your post last night... Rave reviews of your soloist, yet a mere mention, an almost AFTERTHOUGHT of your daughter and your sister!!! All I can say about that is that you are some lucky you posted today before I managed to get on here and give us a little more credit...haha But we do not sing for the credit of man, but for the glory of God... It was an honour and a priveledge to sing for you and for your flock last night. Thank you for giving me the opportunity.

Now, your Vroom Vroom... Very exciting! I can't wait to go for a ride (I am not scared of a bike!) I think that it is an awsome Graduation Gift (that's what we'll call it, Ok? I can justify just about any purchase! haha)

I WOULD post the pictures I took last night on your blog for you, but, alas, my webspinner priveledges have been revoked... So sorry that you on your new toy will not be posted on your Blog...

I am going to now go write on mine... Go see...

Love always,
Your Baby Sister (who is very proud of her littest-big brother)