Friday, April 6, 2007

Finished

Well, I got home from Wolfville at 12:30 this morning, after finishing my class of the term, of the year and the last class of my degree. It has been 3 years of many struggles, laughs, tears, and amazements, as it took 3 people to carry me through; my daughter, Tanya, my wife, Peggy, and my Lord and savior. Thank you all so very much. Many other thank-you's coming later.

God blessed me with the opportunity to chat (face-to-face) with my daughtger last night - just before I headed for home. Even though the times was short, the heart-connection was amazing. Even as I write about it, tears come to my eyes. Then to top if off, she posted some great comments on her blog >http://nspreacherkid.blogspot.com/< Seems like my little girl is grwoing up and leaving her parents (especially her father) behind.

Today, Jesus gave His life so we could live (through Him), forever. This is the saddest day in Christian history, but 'on the third day, He rose victorous from death.' Easter and the Resurrection is what our entire religion and faith is based on. If you haven't been to church for a while, do yourself a big favor and go this Sunday. The Easter story will amaze you. Jesus died so we would not have too. "Saved from agony by agony."

Another pre-Easter service at Ashmore Baptist Church - muscial night, 7pm. Come be inspired by Christ's passion.

God loves each and every one of you and only wants the very best for you. Come, come and meet the Lord.
Pastor Brother Brian

7 comments:

Tanya Reid said...

Hey dad.
It was sooooo good to see you last night. What a pleasant surprise to see you pulling in! It was nice to talk to you about things going on, and religion, and everything.
And about the tearing up thing, I teared up when I read what you wrote. We're sooooo emotional.
I'm still not sure what the plan is for Saturday/Sunday. Andy told me to go for it and spend Easter with you guys since he'll be celebrating his own holiday... I just don't know if I'm up for the 2 hour drive at 1am again.
I think I need my own personal plane....

Living On The Edge said...

Tanya, do what you feel up to. If you want to come down and spend Easter with us, that would be wonderful. If you think the drive would be too much, come down when you can and we will celebrate when you do.

Happy easter my love, Daddy Vroom, Vroom.

April Mullen said...

Pastor Vroom, Vroom,

I am very happy for you! YOU'RE DONE! YAY! THREE CHEERS for you!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Hip, Hip, Horray!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Ah... the final word written in another chapter of your life. But when one chapter ends, another begins... I tend to think it's one you're really gonna be into, 'cause it's gonna be really good (you know, like the last chapter you read in the book was so good that you just have to read the next one... and your Mom is on her way down the hall to your room to check on you 'cause it's WAY past your bedtime... and you just can't put it down, so you get caught with the light on AGAIN! THAT kinda good.

:) Yippee!

Living On The Edge said...

April, thanks for all your encouragement and for your belief in me as a pastor.

April Mullen said...

I do, Pastor Biker Dude, I do.

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

*April, I SO know that kind of good!*

My Dearest Pastor Brother Brian,

I, too, am teary-eyed. I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished. I am just at a loss for words... Just I am proud of you and I love you.

Your Baby Sister,
Donna-Jean

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment!Those years of hard work have really paid off, as everyone can see every Sunday when they listen to you! You are such a great pastor! Now you have a nice new toy to play with to make up for the time you won't be in school! Congrats again!