Friday, April 13, 2007

Prayer Concern

Hi everyone,
Peggy and I went to see our daughter Tanya yesterday, in the valley. Had supper together and talked. Tanya really needs your prayers. God knows what the need is - just ask God to grant that need to her. This is so important!

Here is some advice (for you Tanya and everyone else); a very smart Christian role model gave me a while back (edited):

"I know it's hard to act like a Christian a lot of the time; always saying and doing the right thing, and I know that this time it seems bad. Keep in mind though, Jesus loves you, and God loves you... everyone loves you... and that person that’s mad at you or your mad at, loves you too; there are always hidden reasons for our anger. Some people seem to have it all, but lack the most important thing, love. Love for others and love for themselves.

My child, you really are blessed to have all the love in the world. Anyone I meet that knows you tells me your such a wonderful person. And it's true. Don't give up on your dream. You've made an impact in other's lives already, you are right now, and you will in the future.

Remember, in the times that you feel that you can't do it anymore. You have so many commitments upon your plate; please, remember, I love you, God loves you, and you love you."

Smart words.

Also, some thoughts on knowing what to do:

"It’s not always easy to know which path to follow, which decision to make, or what to do. Life is a series of new horizons, new hopes, new days, and changes that come to you. And we all need some help with these things from time to time.
Remember these things: Dream it. Do it. And discover how special you are. Be positive, for your attitude will affect
the outcome of many things.

Ask for help when you need it; seek the wisdom the world holds and hold on to it. Make some progress every single day.
Begin. Believe. And become.

Give yourself all the credit you’re due; don't short change your qualities, your abilities, or any of the things that are so unique about you.

Remember how precious life can be. Imagine. Invest the time it takes to reach out for your dreams; it will bring you happiness that no money on earth can buy. Don't be afraid; no mountain is too big to climb
if you do it at your own pace.

What’s the best thing to do? That’s simple:
Do Your Best; and everything else will fall into place.
Be true to you!"
I hope this is helpful, Blessings upon you all.
Remember, God loves you so very much, and is only a prayer away.
Pastor Daddio

4 comments:

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

Well spoken Pastor Daddio.

I was talking to her last night. Told her if she wanted a "mini-vacation" she can come down when I get home.

April Mullen said...

Thank you for those words, some of us need to hear that all of the time; all of us need to hear that some of the time.

I will be praying for Tanya.

Tanya Reid said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everything. Love you all.

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

I have been back in Edmonton 4 days and was wondering if God lived in Nova Scotia. Coming back to a life that you lived without God is harder than I thought. The friends and the partner you have built your life with for the past 7 years don't understand what is wrong with you. Your choice in music,movies,language you use, whether to go to Starbucks instead of the pub makes them question the 'brainwashing' you recieved in the east. It is lonely.
Then you realize that you have not opened your bible, you have not written in your prayer book, you have not had Christian fellowship, you have not been vocal about the change Jesus put in your heart.
As I cried myself to sleep again last night I ask God where he was? Why didn't he come with me?
I woke up this morning and went online and just happened to check this blog. With many tears I read about Tanya, her struggles, and as my heart opened and I read your words back to her, my tears did not stop. But they changed to tears of joy and fellowship. Although we are many kilometres awayfrom each other, God is with us all. I know my road will not be easy, but it gives me comfort to know that we are in this togather. God answers in the most special and subtle ways.
I am going to the 'big' church tommorow. It is a Babtist church they built just down the road. www.meadowlandsbabtist.com/. It is good site. I am a little nervous but my daughter and her friend are coming with me. Praise God.
Well I miss you all and no church will ever mean more to me then New Tusket. Tanya you are in my heart and prayers as we surge forward into our new lifes. Thank you Pastor Bryan for your wonderful words. Christina Main